AD

AD

You won’t believe what happen to Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook after NBA All-Star Media Day!!

Saturday 17 February 2018




LOS ANGELES — Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant couldn't avoid the questions about their relationship. And they didn't try to.I feel like I just made (the drama with Westbrook) a thing when it shouldn't have been," Durant said during All-Star Media Day on Saturday when asked where he and his former Oklahoma City Thunder teammate stand.
"It's cool to kind of get past that and appreciate these guys for who they are, what they do. It's all love at the end of the day."Westbrook — whose media availability at the Los Angeles Convention Center took place at the same time as Durant's, just four interview pods down — expressed similar sentiments.

"It's been fine, it's been normal," Westbrook said when asked what it's been like to be around Durant again. "Communicating, that's about it. All the other stuff is kind of irrelevant. Just keeping it cool, talk when we need to and just moving forward."

What a difference a year has made for these two, who during the All-Star festivities last February in New Orleans would hardly look at each other, let alone answer questions about their past.

Aside from Durant and Westbrook burying the hatchet,kings Sports rounded up some of the best quotes from NBA All-Star Media Day.

LeBron Jeames spoke with the media at NBA All-Star weekend.
LeBron James on the recent comments made by Fox News host Laura Ingraham - “She did the best thing to help me create more awareness. So I appreciate her for giving me even more awareness. For me to sit up here in the greatest weekend of the NBA, All-Star weekend, this is the best weekend of the NBA, where all the countries in the whole entire world come watch the greatest players in the world, no matter if they're a part of Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I get to sit up here and talk about social injustice, equality and why a woman on a certain network decided to tell me to shut up and dribble. So, thank you, whatever her name is. I don't even know her name."

Kyrie Irving on the notion that athletes should stick to sports - "I think sometimes, because of the way we're put on this platform, I think people have opinions on the way we should be and how we should act and things that we should be involved with. I think that the thing that gets graced over is that we're all human beings at the end of the day. It's pretty tough finding that balance. For me, I think it's just about respect of all people. And that's something I always try to hammer home. It's something I was taught as a kid. It's crazy, because you get slack for saying something about certain things and feeling strongly, and then if you don't say enough you get the bad end of that as well."

James on the opportunity to play alongside Irving again - "Anytime I get an opportunity to be with a fellow teammate of mine on the same court, and then you add on the fact of what we were able to accomplish in the three years, they just make it special. You automatically start thinking about the moments. There was a time when I was in Miami when I thought about if there was a chance for me to be Kyrie's teammate at All-Star weekend. I thought about that. I didn't think it would be possible, and then we became teammates. We were on the same All-Star court together as teammates. Then, now, being opponents once again, but those thoughts still go into my head of how great it was to break the drought in our city, over 50-plus years, when the both of us had magical, magical Finals runs. So it's always special."

Westbrook on free-agent-to-be Paul George, who was being showered with "We want Paul" chants by Los Angeles Lakers fans at the time - "That's out! Paul ain't going nowhere. It's over for that. See how quickly they silenced?"






Erik Horne
@ErikHorneOK
Paul George is about three booths down from Russell Westbrook. When PG comes in, a “We want Paul” chant starts:
Westbrook: “That’s out! Paul ain’t going nowhere. It’s over for that.”
Twitter Ads info and privacy
James on never participating in the Dunk Contest - "There were multiple years when I seriously considered entering the Dunk Contest. One year, I don’t remember what year, it was maybe ’05 or ’06, I injured my ankle two games before the Dunk Contest. And then I had one time ... I think I got injured before the All-Star break once again and I didn’t want to test jumping on my leg and jumping on my ankle and then have to play in the game the following day. I think about it all the time actually. I know, at this point I’m probably never going to do it, but I’ve thought about it year after year after year. You see the guys that we have in our Dunk Contest this year and the age, no. I’m gonna stay away from it now."

Durant on the best dunk he's ever seen - "This 6-3 guy I used to play with, couple years ago, his athleticism was off the charts. I used to see him do normal dunks every day. Now when I see dunks, it's not as good as his. He's an athletic guy, I think he plays in OKC. I threw him a lob one game and he was overtop of the backboard. After that one, nobody else can compare."




Anthony Slater
@anthonyVslater
KD asked about the best dunk he's seen, starts talking about a "6-3 guy" he used to be teammates with
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Share on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015. EPL NEWS VILLA.
Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah. Published by Themes Paper. Powered by Blogger.
Creative Commons License