AD

AD

LeBron James ties Michael Jordan

Thursday 29 March 2018


In his 15th season in the league, LeBron James is producing some of the best basketball of his career and has been cementing his status as the best player in the world.

The King has already claimed multiple individual milestones this year - including becoming the seventh player in NBA history to score 30,000 points - and continued it with another incredible accomplishment against the Charlotte Hornets on Thursday night.

In a 118-105 victory on the road for the Cleveland Cavaliers, James tied Michael Jordan for the league record of 866 consecutive games with 10 points or more.


Fittingly, the four-time MVP did it in the presence of Jordan as he torched the team he owns for 41 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists.

LeBron's historic streak dates back to January 5, 2007, when he scored eight points on 3 for 13 shooting in a Cavs win over the Milwaukee Bucks, his last game in which he didn't score at least 10 points, per ESPN's Dave McMenamin.

Asked how the streak was possible, James said: "I've stayed available, obviously. I haven't played every game, but for the most part I've played over 70 percent of my games throughout that journey, and just going out and just trying to be productive.

"I can't even tell you how I've been able to do it. It's not like I go into every game saying, 'OK, I've got to get 10 points.' It's just kind of organic.


"It happens, and anytime I'm mentioned with some of the greats, and arguably the greatest basketball player of all time in Mike, it's just another feat for me to be appreciative and humbled by what I've been able to do.

"And just knowing where I come from and knowing, I look at it and say, 'Wow, I can't believe I'm in this position,' knowing where I come from."

Among active players in the league, James Harden is second to the Cavaliers superstar at 257 games and DeMarcus Cousins is third at 162, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

Per Elias Sports Bureau, LBJ has scored 10+ points in 99.3 percent of his career games, the highest percentage in NBA history.


The three-time champion was serenaded with MVP chants by some of the crowd in Charlotte when he checked out of the game in the final minutes and he described it as a moment he'll cherish.

"It's pretty incredible. It's pretty incredible," James said of the chants. "When you done with the game, those are the moments right there where you wish you had it back, and obviously you'll never be able to get it back, but you never take that for granted, especially being on the road."

For the season, the 33-year-old is averaging 27.6 points, 9.1 assists and 8.6 rebounds per game on 55 percent shooting.

This remarkable campaign is unlikely to yield the 14-time All-Star another MVP award but this latest achievement is a reminder that he’s still number one and will go down as arguably the best player to ever play the game.
Share on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2015. EPL NEWS VILLA.
Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah. Published by Themes Paper. Powered by Blogger.
Creative Commons License